HAPPY IS THAT PEOPLE, WHOSE GOD IS THE LORD
Key verse: Psalm 144:15, Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.
There are many Christian people today that are completely miserable in life. They don’t have the joy of the Lord in their lives. The Psalmist wrote: “happy is that people whose God is the Lord.” Now, why are so many Christians unhappy?
The answer to that question lies in the Word of God. Let’s consider what the Scriptures teach in this regard.
I. BLESSED IS EVERY ONE THAT FEARETH THE LORD
Psalm 128:1-2, Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. 2 For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. Proverbs 28:14, Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.
A. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of WISDOM, Psalm 111:10, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.”
1. Happy is the man that finds WISDOM, Proverbs 3:13, Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
2. Happy is the man that gets UNDERSTANDING, Psalm 119:34, “Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.”
a. The precepts of God give understanding, Psalm 119:104-105, “Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
b. The Word of God gives understanding to the simple, Psalm 119:130, “The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.”
B. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of KNOWLEDGE, Proverbs 1:7, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”
C. Those that will not fear the Lord will find TROUBLE, Proverbs 28:14, Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.
II. HAPPY IS THE MAN THAT TRUST IN THE LORD
Proverbs 16:20, He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.
A. He is happy because he KEEPS God’s law, Proverbs 29:18, Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
1. The happy Christian has a vision of what the Lord is doing and can do.
2. He is obedient, therefore he enjoys God’s blessings, Isaiah 1:19, “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:”
B. He is happy because the Lord is his HOPE, Psalm 146:5, Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
1. His hope is not in this life only, 1 Corinthians 15:19, “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.”
2. His hope is in the Second Coming of Christ, Titus 2:13, “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;”
C. He is happy because the Lord CORRECTS and GUIDES him, Job 5:17, Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:
1. God deals with him as a son, Hebrews 12:7, “If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?”
2. God’s dealing with him proves God’s love, Hebrews 12:6, “For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.”
III. HAPPY IS THE MAN THAT ENDURES AFFLICTION FOR CHRIST’S SAKE
James 5:10-11, Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience. 11- Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
A. The Prophets are our examples, James 5:10, “Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
B. If you “suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye:” 1 Peter 3:14, “But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;”
C. “If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye;” 1 Peter 4:14, “If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.”
The conclusion of all of this is that the believer that is busy in the Lord’s work is a happy Christian. It is when we are doing little for the Lord that we feel unhappy. God has put that desire in our hearts to be busy for him. Only when unconfessed sin or unforgiven abuses get in the way of our serving the Lord are we unhappy.
Incoming search terms:
- happy is the man whose god is the lord
- happy are the people whose god is the lord
- happy is the people whose god is the lord
- happy is the man whose god is the lord kjv
- blessed or happy are the people of god
- Sermon on happy is that people whose God is Lord
- happy is the man whose
- happy is the people whose god is the lord lyrics
- happy is the people who the lord is their God
- blessed is the people whose god is the lord sermon
Posted in PSALM • • Top Of Page